What is this all about ?
Basically this is a gathering of photographers and models in one location in an attempt to do some organised shoots and have a bit of fun while doing so.
Its initially for the members of the facebook group "Ireland Models" (feel free to search and join), but its really open to anyone who wants to sign up to the database here.
How does it work ?
Once signed up as a model , you can search photographers profiles and see what ones you want to work with and book them.
When signed up as a photographer you can do the same for the models profiles , both sides have to approve the request before the shoot is confirmed and the booking turns green.
You can confirm in the My Profile section once you sign in.
Each shoot is 1 hour long (45 minutes shooting and 15 minutes to get back to base) and we have scheduled in a break for everyone between 1 and 2 where no bookings can be made so that everyone gets a bit of a rest.
Not for the Gym shoot as its just a gathering for fun.
WHERE , WHEN , HOW ?
This shoot will be at FeelFit Gym , Rampart Ln, Townparks, Dundalk, Co. Louth, A91 YD61 and is organised with many thanks by Swiz.Photos ( https://www.instagram.com/swiz.photos/ ) . The shoots with start at 10am and last shoot is 18:00 , 1 hour per shoot and a 1 hour lunchbreak.
What do i need to bring ?
Some things to think of for models :
- A towel (or 2) , Gym gear , other outfits as we may have a few backdrops set up for alternative looks.
- A change of clothes in case you do get wet/sweaty
- Some snacks and water - limited water will be provided but no guarantee it will last long.
Some things to think of for Photographers :
- A towel (just in case)
- Camera Gear , lighting if required, reflector,
- If you have a portable backdrop system and a few different colours it may work for studio style shots.
- Try to pick a unique trasmitter ID if using flash triggers so we dont set off each others flashes - chatroom is a good place to organise that.
When shooting there are always a few rules to follow , here are a few we think are acceptible
As a bit of advice , if a model isnt shooting and you have a shoot , get them to tag along , they may be able to give creative advice or help out in areas you didnt expect and it also gives them something to do while waiting for their next shoot, even time keeping may help
- No touching the models in any way without first getting permission
- No pushing boundaries , models work to their own comfort level so no trying to push past that
- 1 hour slots start on the hour, shooting is 45 minutes and 15 minutes to get back to base. NO HOGGING MODELS
- When your timeslot is close , stay near the tent so you can match with model/photographer easily
- No using other photographers props , if they brought something to shoot with its theirs and not anyone elses
- Respect people using the Gym on the day , give them space and dont have them in the background
- Respect the Gym and keep it tidy
- Photographers or models who dont show on the day with no notice will be blacklisted and removed from Ireland Models
- If you as a model or a photographer feel uncomfortable about anything then PLEASE contact Swiz, Grant, Martin.
- No taking models if they arent rostered to you in that hour - this can delay the next shoot