Whats Happening ?
We are beginning to plan out the next Megashoot , aiming for June area and this time we may try a beach one again.
If you know of any models or photographers who may have an interest please get them to sign up as soon as possible.
Something we also noticed is that hotmail and yahoo email addresses are bouncing back mails , so if you have a Gmail address please use it !
What is this all about ?
Basically this is a gathering of photographers and models in one location in an attempt to do some organised shoots and have a bit of fun while doing so. Its initially for the members of the facebook group "Ireland Models" https://www.facebook.com/groups/irelandmodels (feel free to search and join), but its really open to anyone who wants to sign up to the database here.
How does it work ?
Once signed up as a model , you can search photographers profiles and see what ones you want to work with and book them. When signed up as a photographer you can do the same for the models profiles , both sides have to approve the request before the shoot is confirmed and the booking turns green. You can confirm in the My Profile (login.php section once you sign in.
Each shoot is 1 hour long (45 minutes shooting and 15 minutes to get back to base) and we have scheduled in a break for everyone between 1 and 2 where no bookings can be made so that everyone gets a bit of a rest.
We are organizing a holiday shoot to Croatia in September - details are here for anyone interested.
Photographer spaces are full already , but we have a few model spots still open.
When shooting there are always a few rules to follow , here are a few we think are acceptable
1. No touching the models in any way without first getting permission
2. No pushing boundaries , models work to their own comfort level so no trying to push past that
3. 1 hour slots start on the hour, shooting is 45 minutes and 15 minutes to get back to base. NO HOGGING MODELS
4. When your timeslot is close , stay near the tent so you can match with model/photographer easily
5. No using other photographers props , if they brought something to shoot with its theirs and not anyone elses
6. Respect people using the forest on the day , give them space and dont have them in the background. They are out to enjoy themselves and we shouldnt interfere with that.
7.Respect the Forest and keep it tidy, everything we bring in , we bring out - try to keep bins for the other users and bring all your own rubbish with you.
8. Photographers or models who dont show on the day with no notice will be blacklisted and removed from Ireland Models
9. If you as a model or a photographer feel uncomfortable about anything then PLEASE contact Grant. Martin.
10. No taking models if they arent rostered to you in that hour - this can delay the next shoot
As a bit of advice , if a model/photographer isnt shooting and you have a shoot , get them to tag along , they may be able to give creative advice or help out in areas you didnt expect and it also gives them something to do while waiting for their next shoot, even time keeping may help